Research and development are the main drivers of the company growth and for this reason we invest more than 20 percent of our annual turnover in R&D.
The main asset to be successful in R&D is of course the team. Stam can count of a multidisciplinary team composed by engineers, managers, physicists, all owning a master or a PhD. In addition Stam can count on the following assets:
- NUGEAR system, and innovative gearbox based on nutating gears (Patent No. 1323689);
- FLEXJOINT system, to enable deformation of reconfigurable moulds (Patent No. 1372566);
- NCGEAR system, a transmission system based on non-circular gear for non-linear transmission of motion;
- HSRS (Hermetic Sealing for Rotating Shaft) system, for the transmission of motion from a sealed environment to a completely insulated environment;
- Mechanical Laboratory, equipped with test bench and instrumentation to measure transmission efficiency, vibrations, torque, with continuous data recording.